Saturday 10 July 2021

Humpback whales in Los Cabos

My first trip out on the water in Mexico was already a big success. There were so many humpback whales around, and they were very active as they visit the region to mate and calve. I quickly lost track of how many whales I saw because there were blows everywhere. The blows could often be seen from land, which I wasn't expecting - I had just told a couple on the beach that they probably wouldn't see whales from shore, but shortly after we started seeing them blowing and breaching not too far away. Humpback whales are well known for putting on an amazing show.

 

Two whales demonstrating how they got their name humpback whale (Megaptera novaeangliae)

A humpback whale swiping its tail


Humpback whale pectoral fins - the longest pec fin in the world!


Rainblow!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment